Friday, March 23, 2007

31 December 2006, Sunday

You are now 2 weeks, 1 day old and how are things so far? Well, you are starting to stay awake more often in the day and sleep more in the night. This meant that I would be able to sleep more in the night too.

However, your demands for breast milk are not stable yet. There were times when you could go 3 to 4 hours between feeds and sometimes (usually in the late afternoons and evenings) you demanded to be fed every hourly. So during those hours, Mummy would be extremely tired.

On top of the tiredness, there were the sore nipples that I had to bear. I had to grit my teeth whenever I latch you on. I checked and checked to ensure that you latched on properly and it seemed to be so but still my nipples remained cracked and terribly sore.

Another thing to note, you liked to poo immediately after we change a new diaper for you. So you had actually wasted quite a number of diapers and that drove Daddy up the wall!

No comments: