Thursday, April 5, 2007

21 March 2007, Wednesday - Mummy went off to work

Today is the day that Mummy have to return to work. So to ensure that you have enough milk, the day before, I had to expressed diligently. In total, I made sure that there was about 7.5 oz in the fridge. That should be enough to last for the four hours that I would be away at work.

Also I had to find a way to express while I was away from you so as not to have any engorged breasts and also to keep the supply up. So I had to packed my pump, 4 bottles and also the cooler bag and ice block into my bag. My bag was so heavy and big that everyone was curious what I was carrying.

I left the house at 11 a.m. with Daddy and Ashlyn, leaving you in the trusty hands of Mah Mah. At least you did not cry as walked out of the house. You seemed to know that I had to leave for work and accepted it well.

While at work , I could not stop thinking about you. Thinking whether you would be crying for me, whether you would be sleeping, whether you would drink the expressed milk from the milk bottle...and many others. So I called home a few times and because of that I woke you up from your sleep. I was so sorry.

According to Mah Mah, you were quite okay. You did cry but not for long as your crying was because you wanted to sleep. She said that you could drink from the milk bottle although you did cry to complain but because Mah Mah was an experienced mother and grandmother, her patience with you won you over. In the end you took 2.5oz of milk and fell asleep while drinking. It was the same for the 4p.m. feed. You drank 2.5 oz and fell asleep while drinking. I was glad to hear that and of course now I can put my heart at rest while I am at work.

When I finally returned home a little after 4p.m. and saw you soundly asleep, I was very happy. Somehow you also knew that we had returned home. You woke up and immediately looked for me. Mah Mah tried carrying you and your eyes were stuck onto me. They followed me wherever I went.

Because you missed me, you demanded to be fed directly almost every two hours. Well, although it was tiring to do so but guess you needed that extra assurance.

Overall, it was not a bad day except that I was down with a bad case of flu.

No comments: